The Meaning of Epoxy Floor:
Epoxy flooring may not be something that you’ve heard of before but in its simplest definition, it is a flooring surface that is made up of multiple layers of epoxy that is applied to the floor to a depth of at least two millimetres. The difference between an epoxy floor and an epoxy floor coating lies in the depth of the epoxy. As stated, an epoxy floor must be at least two millimetres thick. Any epoxy floor that is less than two millimetres thick is best referred to as an epoxy floor coating.
Epoxy itself means:
Epocy is an adhesive, plastic, or other material made from a class of synthetic thermosetting polymers containing epoxide groups.
Epoxy Flooring Need to Know
- Epoxy floor coatings are normally applied over concrete floors to provide a high performance, smooth and durable surface that can last many years or withstand heavy loads.
- Epoxy floors are a reliable and durable surface for commercial and industrial flooring.
- Samples of Epoxy Flooring:
- Also much applied in Garages, read more here: Garage floor coating Canada
- Back to All Coating Definitions