Sherwin Williams – One of the world’s best in coatings
Cleveland based, Sherwin Williams was founded by Henry Sherwin and Edward Williams in 1866. That year, the company made $400,600 in sales revenue. 150 years later, the company is the third largest player in the global manufacturing and distribution of coatings and related products. In 2016 Sherwin-Williams reported over $11 billion in net sales, operating from more than 4,800 company operated stores and facilities.
1866 was an important year for Sherwin Williams also due to the fact that the “Father” of Sherwin Williams Canada, Walter Cottingham was born. At 21 years of age, he established manufacturing facilities in Montreal and became instrumental in growing Sherwin-Williams’ Canadian presence. There are 213 company paint stores in Canada with that number projected to grow even more over the coming years.
In this article we explore the Sherwin Williams paints and coatings in detail – defining the application areas and product specifications.
Canadian locations of Sherwin Williams
Sherwin Williams aims to continue its growth in North America, driven by the opening of new stores and adding dedicated dealer locations around Canada and other growing industries.
You can find exclusive Sherwin Williams paints in the following cities:
- Alberta | 26 Group Stores
- British Columbia | 47 Group Stores
- Manitoba | 8 Group Stores
- New Brunswick | 4 Group Stores
- Newfoundland | 2 Group Stores
- Nova Scotia | 5 Group Stores
- Ontario | 81 Group Stores
- Prince Edward Island | 1 Group Store
- Quebec | 32 Group Stores
- Saskatchewan | 7 Group Stores
Sherwin-Williams Protective and Marine Coatings
Sherwin-Williams is renowned globally as a pioneer in corrosion control technology. With over 3400 exclusive outlet and the coating market’s widest distribution network, Sherwin-Williams protective and marine coatings are designed to address even the most advanced industry needs. Below are the most popular coatings.
- SeaGuard 1000; patented modified alkyd rust inhibitive high gloss marine enamel
- SeaGuard 1244; color and gloss retentive epoxy coating system
- SeaGuard 3000; heavy duty, two-component, exterior/interior, low VOC, high solids, polyesteraliphatic urethane coating
- SeaGuard 5000HS; high performance, low VOC, high solids epoxy coating
- SeaGuard 6000; modified epoxy phenalkamine
- SeaGuard 6100; modified high Solids epoxy phenalkamine
- SeaGuard Ablative Anti-Fouling Coating; polyamide polymer containing cuprous oxide antifouling coating
- SeaGuard MP; high performance, VOC compliant primer
- SeaGuard Sher-release Surface Coat; silicone based, biocide free, topcoat foul release system
- SeaGuard Underwater Hull HS; two-component, high solids, polyamine adduct cured, anti-corrosive primer
- SeaGuard Universal Primer; fast drying, high solids, low VOC, heavy metal free, rust inhibitive, universal, metal primer
- SeaGuard Hard Vinyl Antifoulant
- Seaguard Voidcoat; premium grade, single component, water based coating
- Seaguard Voidcoat LT; low temperature, premium grade, single component, water based coating
- SeaVoyage Copper Free; solvent based, copper and tin free ablative coating
- SeaVoyage 100; tin-free, controlled depletion polymer coating
TT-P-28H is a one component, modified silicone, heat resistant coating formulated to withstand normal weather exposure and temperatures up to 650°C on aluminum.
This product is designed for application on structural steel to provide fire resistance for up to 120 minutes. Fire resistant coatings save lives and minimize damage to structures. Not only does this coating provide protection, it has a smooth paint-like finish for a decorative and aesthetic final appearance.
When exposed to fire, the protective coating swells to a thick foamy layer that isolates the steel from a fire. FX5120 is also impact resistant. Want to know more about fireproof coating, find information on our article on fireproof coating.
The FireTex products are suitable for applications for example in and on stadiums, public buildings, atriums, warehouses, airports, schools and convention centres.
Sherwin-Williams Anti Graffiti
Anti-Graffiti Coating is a single component, permanent siloxane coating which cures with atmospheric moisture. The coating is an easy to apply solution, which does not require thinners or fillers before application.
Sherwin Williams’ epoxies, urethanes, primers and patches for light and heavy traffic areas fall under the ArmorSeal brand.
The ArmerSiel products available in Canada include:
- ArmorSeal | 1000 HS | Epoxy
- ArmorSeal | 1K WB | Urethane Floor Enamel
- ArmorSeal | 33 Epoxy | Primer/Sealer
- ArmorSeal | 650 SL N | Nuclear Topcoat
- ArmorSeal | 650 SL/RC | Self-Leveling Epoxy
- ArmorSeal | 8100 | Waterbased Epoxy Floor Coating
- ArmorSeal | ExpressPatch | Waterbased urethane slurry floor patch kit
- ArmorSeal | HS | Polyurethane
- ArmorSeal | Rexthane | Moisture-Cure Urethane Topcoat
- ArmorSeal | Tread-Plex Primer | Waterbased Acrylic Primer
- ArmorSeal | Tread-Plex Water Based Coating |Waterbased Acrylic Topcoat
- ArmorSeal | WB Epoxy | Primer/Sealer
- ArmorSeal | Crack Filler | Fast set epoxy paste
- ArmorSeal | Flexible Joint Sealant | 2 component polymer hybrid
This is a high-performance solution to wet and dry processing coating for walls: a multi layer system which is also applicable on ceilings. The coating is based on an epoxy resin which guarantees extreme durability. It features very good chemical and impact resistance.
The benefits of Sani-Glaze:
- Can be applied over a slightly damp substrate
- Unlimited Sherwin-Williams color selection
- Long-lasting and durable, retains bond under thermal shock
- Professional appearance
- Inhibits growth of fungus or bacteria
Sherwin-Williams Paint Store Group
Sherwin Williams Paint Stores are the company operated outlets for Sherwin-Williams paints and coatings. There are 213 such stores in Canada, trading brands such as Paint Shield, H&C, ProClassic, Duracraft, and many other Do-it yourself and professional paints. The Paint Store Group accounts for 3 out of every 5 total paint sales. Below are a few of the paints available in Canada.
Interior paints paint brands
|All Surface Enamel HP||
H&C Concrete Care
H&C is Sherwin-Williams’ concrete coating range. The products are developed to provide durability to concrete surfaces.
Application Shied-Crete Waterbased Epoxy Garage Floor Coating:
- Install H&C SHIELD‐CRETE when temperatures are between 50° and 90°F and the relative humidity is less than 80%.
- Coverage: Up to 200 – 250 square feet.
- Dry to touch: 6 hours
- Heavy traffic: 72 – 96 hours
- Apply with roller and nylon or polyester brush